Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Truthful Thursday - Brock and friends

A surprise email from a very good friend of mine came in while we were having dinner on my birthday.  I opened it, read it and saw a great photo taken with a group of boys and men.  The majority of them are my old friends and some are my young friends.  They are all wearing Hawaiian shirt in honor of Eddie Dunn Day.  Eddie was a good friend who passed away some years ago.  He loved wearing that style of shirt.  Early last year, Jeff cleaned his closet and gave away almost 15 of these shirt to Brock.  Some of these shirts are shown on this photo.  I believe this was taken a couple of weeks ago during the boys annual golf getaway - Myrtle Beach.
Back Row L-R (Matthew,Glen,Steve,Brian, John,Brock,Tom,Graham,Alerce,Bob,Al,Tony) Front Row L-R (don't know, Pat, Mike, Gord, Ryan, don't know, Gary and beer store guy)

My name recall is still pretty good because the ones I don't know recall are latest addition to the group.  It used to be only 8 or so guys.  They have another annual getaway called the BOYS weekend which happens in September.  It is held on an island somewhere north of Toronto.  It's a golf, fishing, poker and who knows what happen there, but they come back all happy and tanned. The truth is that some of them have been friends for over 20 years.  The truth is that their friendship is solid and you can count on them. They are very supportive and always there to lend a hand or even a shoulder to cry on.  The truth is I know I can count on them any time and feel very lucky to have them as my friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I've known some of these guys for years because of you and could consider them my uncles. They are all so nice to me just like how they are nice to you.

    I bet you can't wait to see most of them when you return for a visit.

    ReplyDelete