Pages

Monday, December 21, 2015

Melancholy Monday - I hate losing

Why is losing hard to accept?  I mean not just in sports, games, relationship and life in general.  There are things that in time I can accept and then there are things that will be too painful to accept.  It's probably not good to use the word hate.  Maybe I am just a sore loser.  What is funny is that I am a sore loser when it comes to sports that I play with Jeff.  I get overly competitive and it ends up to be not so enjoyable time.  For the last three times that we played pool, I have been losing really badly.  I am starting to lose my confidence it this game and thinking of hanging by cue in the closet forever. Most of the time our games are pretty even until lately.  It takes me a few days to really get over losing against him.  This is why I am venting on my blog.  Here's some of the tips I found on how not to be a sore loser.
  • Offer your congratulations
  • Allow yourself to feel bad
  • Don't play the blame game
  • Focus on the positive
  • Accept losing
"you can't win unless you learn how to lose".  Really, how much losing should one take??
After writing this post and seeing the poster below, I will now try my very best to be a gracious loser, still a loser but at least I will be gracious specially at my age.
 
     Image result for sore loser

No comments:

Post a Comment