Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Famous Friday - Happy Chinese New Year

This morning when I checked our mail, I was surprised to find a red envelope with some Chinese characters and some fancy stickers.  Of course as soon as I saw the stickers I knew it was from my MIL.  It was address to Jeff and I, he opened it and inside was a red envelope and a very crisp Jackson.  For those of you who are not familiar to the faces in the US dollar - it's a $20.  Jeff told me that it was for me and not him since he never got this type of card until he married me, so it must be for me.  I did not argue with him because I was just happy to get the card and even happier to receive a crisp US dollar.  So what is special about the year of the Horse.  There is so much to read on it but I though I would pick three most important things about this year.
  • The year of the Horse is the year of action
  • It is the year for expansion and exploration
  • New opportunity for travel, business and adventure
Now it all depends on whether you believe all of these zodiac and predictions as well as how it affects if you were born during the Year of the Horse and how it affects other animal symbols.  There will be a lot of celebrations, parade and of course the majority of Chinese restaurants will be busy.  I look forward to getting one of their special desert that only is available during Chinese New Year.  Come to think of it, I don't even know the name but I will recognize it when I see them.  To all my friends who are celebrating this famous holiday,
 
Gung Hay Fat Choy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment