Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Trimming Tuesday - Not a resolution just a suggestion

It's that time of the year when everyone is trying to set too many goals for the year.  The most popular one is trying to lose weight.  Although that is one of mine, it's not really a resolution but just a suggestion.  When my daughter suggested to do some of the exercises she has been doing, I thought it would be worth trying it out.  Jeff and I started doing just one of them each night and our lower abs hurt like hell.  Two things come to mind, either I am way too old for this type of workout, or I am so out of shape it's not funny.  We were committed to continue this until it does not hurt anymore and are able to add more repeats and try two other kinds.  It's a floor workout and you don't really need any equipment.  Not sure what it's called by because it does hurt, we are assuming that it's working.  On top of this exercise, I started doing the hula hoop again and hopefully it will get me motivated to keep on going with some sort of daily routine workout.  Of course, I am still golfing three times a week and that involves a lot of walking and pushing my cart.  When the weather is not too cool, Jeff and I still tries to get a game of tennis for at least an hour.  Now that the holiday of eating is over, we will definitely have to start eating healthy again.  Do you have some new year's resolution?  Maybe you just have a goal in the different aspects of your life.
Whatever you have decided to change this year, I wish you the best and of course a year full of happy times, good food, wonderful connections, and last but not least a healthy year.

My sister and I taken at my friends home.  Doesn't the tree look awesome?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment