Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tricky Thursday - How to kill a lizard

If it's outdoors, I just shoo them away, but when it is inside our home specially in the kitchen,
then it's a no brainer.  It just has to go.  Today after golf, I noticed that the floors were clean which means Consuelo did a great job.  Then I saw something on the floor that shouldn't be and as I look closer, it was a lizard.  At first I was a little scared and my heavy foot steps scared it and ran under the fridge.  Now I am a little freaked out because I know that it's there.  I did not want to take my nap thinking it will come out and go to the living room and soon it will land on my arms or feet.  I immediately called Jeff to ask what I should do and he mentioned a couple of things but the end result - he will deal with it when he gets home.  I decided to watch a bit of the recorded golf and thought about a snack.  This time I was quiet and there it was just in front of the fridge.  I took the swifter stick and aimed at the lizard.  First time,  I got it but not completely, so I took another swing and this time I got it.  I took a paper towel to cover it and just to make sure, I hit it again.  Oh bother, I think I over did it.  I called Jeff again to report what I did.  He was pretty impressed because he thought I would be really freaked out by it.  Actually, I was very proud of what I did since Jeff was not found of having them inside the house.  I took care of it for him in my own way.  For those of you who might be lizard lovers, my apologies.  I just cannot go to sleep at night thinking this critter could be anywhere. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh that poor lizard. I don't know what I would do. I had no idea there are lizards in SJ. I've only seen them in the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete