Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sorry Sunday - My Nintendo DS is broken

How can I get mad at Gamble (Jeff's grandson who is 6 yrs old) who broke my DS this morning?  For years I have never shown him or let him play with this game.  Last night he was getting bored so I introduced him to my DS and he was very happy because there were a lot of games to choose from.  This morning after breakfast he wanted to play with it again.  It was time for him to change from PJ's to day clothes so I asked him to give the DS to his Grampa.  Instead of handing it to him, he threw it while it was open and landed on the couch.
I didn't think of it then but I specifically said don't throw it and he did.  When he came back to play with it again, he noticed that a piece was falling off.  My heart just stopped as I knew that my favorite toy is now broken.  I wanted to cry but I couldn't let him see me so I went to our room and called my daughter.  Of course she had some perfect solution and was so adult about it and advised me to talk to Gamble about what he did and explain the importance of taking care of someone else's toy.  Gamble said "Sorry Ola".  "Are you mad or just a little mad" then he said "Are you disappointed?".  I told him that he had to save up his allowance if any to buy me a new one.  He then said that he has been saving for a PS3 which cost a lot of money and so far he has only $30 saved up.  Jeff says he will try to fix it but I believe it is not fixable.  I told him to buy a new one which I will give to my daughter in exchange for her old one that she will give me so that my memory card full of games (which my son gave me) will still work.  I am still sad of what has transpired this morning.  In a way I blame myself for sharing something that I treasure so much.  I know that it can be replaced by it's never going to be the same.  Oh bother.  I guess I just have to suck it up and find a replacement.  What would you do if you were in my position?  

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment