Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Fall Friday - It's autumn but it's about losing

How can all my favorites lose during the first and second round of Wimbledon? Is there a bad karma going around?  I was watching the last couple of days of the coverage and it was getting so sad.  And how many times can one slide, fall and hurt themselves?  If you have not followed any of the matches, here's why I am calling this fall Friday.
  • Rafa Nadal lost on the first round to some unranked player.
  • Roger Federer lost on the second round to a player I've never heard off.
  • Maria fell so many times and it hurts and lost too.
  • John Isner hurt his knee.
  • Victoria Azarenka fell and had to retire.
The list can go on because there were so many upsets I am not sure if I am even going to watch the quarterfinals nor the finals.  But there's one important thing that I learned from Roger during his press conference after his loss.  It's called the 24 hour Rule.  It's simple but I believe it will be a great rule to follow on how you deal with life's disappointments or success.  
 
 “Well, what do you do after something like this? What do you do?” Federer said. “Do you do the 24‑hour rule? You don’t panic at this point, that’s clear. Just go back to work and come back stronger. Somewhat simple. Hard to do sometimes. But usually I do turnarounds pretty good.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment