Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sincere Saturday - Not a day I'd like to remember

When I was around five or six years old, I was so disappointed about having my birthday party cancelled, I cut out all the number 28 for each month of the calendar.  Today is one of those days, I feel like I should cut out this day from the calendar.  Maybe it's a bit extreme but my daughter tell it like it is, she says "it's not a day I like to remember and there's nothing to celebrate".  Each year after my son died, I would write a poem because it was a way that I could express how I truly feels.  This year is different because I have been trying to write a poem for day and it's not getting done.  I started asking myself the question "am I not in pain, am I finally accepting what happened to my son, does time really heals?



My son Gino and I used to sing this together on the PS2 game "Sing Star".  I cannot help but think of him every time this song is played on the radio.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment