Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What Wednesday - Labour day weekend

A little late with my post about the past weekend but as they say, it's better late than never.  I couldn't think of anything to post for today so bear with me.  OK, maybe I'll just do a list of things I (we) did during our long weekend.
  1. Watch a lot of the US open tennis matches that we have recorded.
  2. Played tennis after Gamble left.  It was a very hot day so we only played for 1.5 hrs.  Jeff won the match.
  3. Went to dinner on Saturday night at Jeff's friends house in Pleasanton, CA.  Had a wonderful visit and sumptuous dinner.  Steve (his long time friend) served smoked tri-tip, mashed potatoes, salad, stirfried veggies (mostly from their garden) and cheese cake for dessert (see photo located on What's cooking).  He has won 3rd, 2nd, and first prize for his version of cheesecake.
  4. Gamble sleepover from Friday night to Saturday around 1100 am.  We played Wii and angry bird. He turned 5 yesterday - Belated Happy birthday Gamble Thomas.
  5. Sunday was just an easy day.  We had a light breakfast at Jack in the Box, travelled to San Mateo to meet the outlaws and friends.  They are in town for some fraternity reunion and we had a chance to meet some of the Brods and they were very hospitable and let us join in the luncheon being served.  The girls managed to do a little shopping at Ross.  It was great to see them again.  My daughter is very lucky to have such wonderful in laws.  I know that they take care of her since I am not in Canada.
  6. I manage to do a bit of sewing and here's what I finished - a shoe bag for my daughter and a case for my Kindle.
Lined shoe bag for my daughter.
My new Kindle case
My mother in law made me a couple of handkerchief similar to the ones she made for my daughter and my niece.

It was not a tiring long weekend, in fact it was just relaxing even after all of the above and I almost forgot the housekeeping chores I did plus the regular day to day chores.  All in all it was still a very nice long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should have just asked you to make me a padded cover for my kobo instead of my buying one that I am not liking so much these days.

    ReplyDelete