Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

First Friday - Firsts of my life

When you are sitting in front of your TV that keeps blacking out or freezing, you ended up just turning it off and start blogging.  Just then I thought of what I would post today.  THE FIRSTS.
  • First time on an Air Balloon - May 1996, Ottawa, Ontario - my boyfriend then gave me a gift certificate for a Champagne Air Balloon Ride as a gift for my 40th birthday.
  • First time on a gondola - June 2002, Beijing, China - My co worker and I went to see the GREAT WALL of China.  It was a surprise when we got there because I did not realize that we would be taking the Gondola to get to it, but I am so glad I went and saw one of the wonders of the world.
  • First time parasailing - June 2006 - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  No one in my family believed that I would do it, but I did.  Jeff and I went parasailing on a beautiful day and although a little scary, I can take it off my bucket list.
  • First time in Paris - January 2000 - While on a business trip, the transit point was Paris and we had a very long lay over.  We all took the train and went into the city and toured the Eiffel towel and walk some of the popular bridges.
  • First time on a horse drawn carriage - December 2004 - San Antonio, Texas.  Jeff and I met in Houston and drove to San Antonio.  One evening we took the horse drawn carriage that toured part of the downtown.  It was a very romantic thing to do.
  • First time on a cruise - September 2009 - Carnival Cruise - Mexican Riviera.  It was a great experience and we met some very nice couples.
  • First time on a plane - February 1974 - NWA Manila/Tokyo/Vancouver/Edmonton/Yellowknife with layover in Tokyo and a few days in Vancouver.  This was the time I left my home town to emigrate to Canada.  Left Manila at 98F and arrive Yellowknife at -28C.
  • First time on a small boat - July 1985 - Atlin, BC.  We went away for a weekend with 2 other family and stayed at a cottage.  One early morning,  I went fishing with the guys and this was my first time on a small aluminum boat and at the same time the first time I caught a fish - Lake Trout.
  • First time on a cross country skis - January 1992 - Gatineau, Quebec.  Some friends of mine thought it might be good to try skiing, I did, I fell, I got up, I fell again, got up, I fell again and this this time everyone had to help me get up.  Skiing is not for me.
I am sure there are other FIRSTS but for now this should make you go WOW!!!  How about you?  Do you have a lot of very interesting FIRSTS? 

No comments:

Post a Comment