Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Simply Saturday - Sharks and Sewing

I am so excited today because I wanted to show you what I have accomplished yesterday afternoon.  I have been putting off my sewing because of my very busy schedule of tennis and golf.  The project that actually originated from Jeff's idea.  After seeing the K-cups carousel and how it will take more space on our kitchen counter, he thought maybe I would be able to do something that would involved some fabrics, rings, sewing, etc.  Since I have already bought some fabrics for the kitchen appliances project, I started this K-cups holder first as it is the smallest and hopefully the quickest to complete.  The rings I am using are made of plastic shower curtains from the dollar store.  It took all of two hours from cutting, sewing, ironing and hooking up the rings. I use a wooden chopstick to hang it and it sits perfectly on the top part of our blinds.  Well, here is the finished project and is now hanging in our kitchen/dining area in the middle between our kitchen windows.
My special K-cups holder
Next week I hope to finish the other projects and then I will be shopping for more fabrics to make chair covers with matching place mats and tablecloth.

For those of you following the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I am sure you are cheering for your team and watching every game.  Since the Sharks made it to the 2nd round,  I am polishing my nails with the Sharks colors - teal, black and white.  It looks kinda green but in direct light its really teal.  They are off to a good start winning last nights game 2-1.  Good luck Sharks.
Teal French Manicure with black dots

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative and crafty! We couldn't stop laughing at what you made. We weren't making fun, we were so surprised at your creation. Great job! Maybe you can start selling them on etsy and make some money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your K-Cups holder is awesome!

    ReplyDelete