Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Funny Friday - Expressions and more

What happens when I mix two expressions or sayings into one?  Jeff starts laughing and brings tears to his eyes.  Most of the times I don't even know that I am mixing it up and that makes it even funnier.  Some of them I have not even heard of but I thought of just sharing them.
  • don't use your mouth, use your eyes (when Jeff is looking for something around the house that he cannot find)
  • hemmed and hod ( I actually said something like hen and hog)
  • those who can, do - those who can't, teach  
  • it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • it looks like a cab going down the street with both doors open ( referring to someone with big ears that stick out)
  • aahhh - i hit my funny elbow ( instead of saying funny bone)
  • it's better to have and not need, than need and not have ( my brother Percy's greatest advice)
The past 3 days I have been going in to work with Jeff so I can drop him off (we still have one car)Tennis at 830 to 1030 am, then I would try to figure out where I would have my lunch.  Tuesday it was Sushi at the Juniper Cafeteria, Wednesday was Denver Omelet at the Sunken Garden cafe and Thursday was Clam Chowder Caesar Salad and Philly Steak Panini Pezzalas Villa Napoli.  After lunch I golf with my senior buddies and after 9 holes, I do a little window shopping.  The weather has been so awesome, blue skies and very warm temperature.  With that said, there was no sewing and house chores done.

Before I forget, I would like to send my Congratulations to William and Kate on their Wedding Day.  Is it true that they will be spending their honeymoon in CANADA?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment