Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Stars and Stripes Saturday - Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July to all!  Today we are just having a small celebration with my MIL and our very good friends J and G.  For the past couple of years we have been taking turns having the celebration at our home and theirs.  We try to have a menu that reflects the great American traditions.  Since the weather has been a little hotter than other days, we opt to have a BBQ.  Both beef and chicken burgers with a couple of different bread (square chibatta and medium dinner rolls as oppose to those regular flatters burger buns).  In addition we will have home made potato salad, southern buttery bbq corn, watermelon, red and blue jello with whip cream and my MIL will be making some red velvet cupcakes with her home made frosting and blue sprinkles.  Unfortunately as I write this posts, I can't post photos yet because we have another five hours before dinner.  You just have to patient to see what all of the above looks.  In the meantime, be safe if watching those fireworks but have a great 4th of July 2015.  I will have to wait a year or two before I can start singing the song, I am proud to be an American, although I already know all the lyrics to the three most popular anthems (Star spangled banner, America the Beautiful and God bless America).  I bet you there are only a handful that can sing our O Canada.  By the way, the Sgt at SJPD who I report to, actually knows the lyrics of O Canada because he started singing it last Wednesday.  
 
 Image result for 4th of july pictures


Image result for 4th of july pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment