Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Truthful Thursday - Trick or Treat

Happy Halloween and be safe trick or treating or if you will be attending a costume party, remember to have a DD.  This is really not my favorite holiday so that's all I can talk about.  My BFF aka Brother sent me a photo of our friends taken during their last Boys Weekend.  I wanted to feature them because they are truly an example of loyal friendship/family.  If I am not mistaken they have been doing this since I've known them.  Maybe 15 years at least.
A long weekend in September is their own time of camaraderie, of sharing their best stories, and maybe even emotions.  But one thing I know, they have great breakfast and dinners and lots of beverage.  They even meet a couple of weeks before their trip to plan their meals, the activities which will include rounds of golf, fishing and poker.  The location is still a secret for some.  It's a cottage in some island in Ontario only accessible by boat.  They started with maybe eight friends and now it has grown to 10 or 12.  I thought I'd share the photo taken during this year's get away.  There's a couple in the photo who I believe are the parents of Billy.  They are the proud owner of the cottage and it has been with their family for ages.  Let me introduce to you the BOYS of summer.  My BFF Percy and Billy are the only ones left without the grey.  
Glen, Mike, Mikey, Paddy, Gord, Percy,Billy's dad, Billy, Billy's mom, Steve, Russ and Brock.
I miss all of them as they are my golf buddies, squash and racquetball partners, co-workers, sports bar groupie, but most of all they are the best guys you can trust who is there to protect you or be there when you need them the most.  A shoulder to cry on or make you smile when you are down.  Thank you guys for letting me be part of this great friendship - A real TREAT without any TRICK.



No comments:

Post a Comment