Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Triple Tuesday - The Course

When I get an email from Chris (one of Jeff's co worker) asking if I want to golf with the guys, it is usually somewhere nice.  Last Saturday, I was part of the foursome at The Course at Wente Vineyards.  Our tee time was at 1030 am and I got a ride from Gil (also Jeff's coworker).  It took us around 50 minutes to get there and no traffic.  There were some rolling hills or are they valleys.  We were greeted by some young guy who had our cart ready, placed our clubs on the cart and told us to just check it.  After check in, we headed towards their driving range.  I got so excited when I got there because I did not have to get a token and a basket, check out the practice range.  We had to take a photo of me because I felt so special.
Look at the balls stacked like a pyramid.
Our friend Chris told us that our other player is unable to make it due to some emergency health issues.  After we hit a few balls, we heard our names from the speaker letting us know that it was time to return to the First Tee.  It was a beautiful day and there was nothing to do buy enjoy the round of golf.  The highlight of the day for me was Hole #7, it is a par 3 elevated tee.  It was an awesome shot and my ball landed about three feet from the hole.  Amazingly enough, I did a one putt.  First birdie for our group.  Unfortunately for the last two hole, I was playing without my shoes, just my socks due to some small blisters (damned new golf shows - not a great idea).  Maybe next year, I'll get a chance to play again with the guys at this course.  So challenging but so much fun and so forgiving specially for the ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment