Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuning Tuesday - Slack key guitar

One of Jeff's co-worker asked me a few months ago if I play the guitar.  I have a 6 string and a 12 string guitar which I have not played for a while.  I mean a while because since I have been here which is about 3 years ago, I must have played it six times.  Although I can still remember a lot of the chords, my strumming and transposition is all off.  This past weekend, Jeff turned on the TV and found the internet site for guitar chords/tabs.  It was really neat to have the chords and words of a particular song shown in the big screen.  Anyway, going back to slack key style of playing.  There's a group of people that gets together once a month and Les (Jeff's co worker) teaches the group on slack key guitar and ukelele as well.  I had to check it on you tube to see what it was all about.  The style of playing is very Hawaiian but sounds so pleasant to the ear.  If you have not heard about it, you can just check it out on line.  I have been invited to join his group the next time they get together.  Maybe I need to try it at home and practice a little.  Some of the information I had received from Les are a bit complicated to just try it out.  Even with my knowledge on guitar playing, this one is much more difficult specially when my fingers are not use to pressing those strings. The more I watch all these lesson, it seems to get more confusing.  Maybe I'll just stick to what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment