Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Fallback Friday - Time change

In ten days it will be time again to change our clocks.  It also means that fall is almost over and winter will be coming.  Although I don't dread it as much as when I use to live in Canada, it does get cold in our home as well as outside.  The thing that gets me is that I look outside and it's blue sky and sunny but in the morning it does get cold.  When the sun goes down, the temperature also gets cool.  Still, I cannot complain because we don't get snow, sleet or ice.
We don't keep the house heated the whole time.  Just when the temperature outside is truly cold, then we might turn the thermostat a notch.  When I'm at home and not doing a lot, I make sure I wear warmer clothes and that includes my fluffy slippers and a pair of socks.  As for my golf game, we start to change our tee time earlier in order to finish before sunset and the ladies league ends at the end of October.  The other benefit about living in California is that you could really golf the whole year round as long as it is not raining.  Playing mid morning to mid afternoon is the perfect time.  As long as I wear my golf long pants and a long sleeve shirt, it's really pretty comfy playing.  What I miss about this time of the year back in Canada is the changing of leaves.  I'm sure they are all perfect colors by now.  Halloween is only a few days away.  Are you ready for those little trick or treaters?  Last year we only had about 20 kids come by.  This year we decided to just get a couple of bags of candies.  I sorted them into three bowls/basket.  We will give away treats from #3, then #2, and if needed take it from #1 (my favorites).

#1 (favorite)

#3 (don't like)

#2 (maybe)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment