Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Many Monday - Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian family and friends.  The first year I moved to San Jose, we celebrated this day with my friends from Canada who were our first guests at our CPBB.  Angela and Addy were touring the area and we were happy to have them stay with us.  The second year we celebrated this day with my cousins (Jo and Becky) and Jeff's cousin (Gracie) and of course my MIL.  Last year we did not do anything because I decided that I will just celebrate this day with the USA thanksgiving which will be next month.  I think that today is not just about having a big feast but it's about celebrating with family and friends.  Thanksgiving day is a day to reflect and give thanks what life has been whether good or bad.
So here's my take on what I am thankful for my past and present.
  • My health even with some issues, I am feeling pretty good at my age and being able to do a lot of fun things.
  • My relationship with my daughter. I am very lucky to have a special bond not just with my daughter but my son in law as well.  He has been looking after my daughter since I am miles away.
  • My husband - I am so thankful that I met him at the stage of my life and we are very happy with what we both have and look forward to many more years.
  • My sister who lately told me that she's a little disappointed with me because I have not made a commitment to travel with her.  Maybe next year we will meet somewhere and spend a week - sister's bonding.
  • All my friends both in Canada and the USA.  They have been all there for me through good times and bad.  I am one of the luckiest person to have such great friends.
  • The life I am enjoying now.  Being able to retire early and living in this area where the weather seems to be perfect everyday. 
  • Making some mistakes in the past which makes me a better person and learning from it and to remind me not to make the same mistakes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment