Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Final Friday - Last day of May

There's still one more chance to celebrate my birthday as today is the last day of May.  I've been busy before and after my birthday that is my reason for not blogging.  For my true followers I know that you will understand and I don't want to disappoint you so here's my review of my birthday party. 
Surprise Birthday Flower Cake
  • The food was amazing and thanks to my sister for all the cooking, my friend Jean who baked my birthday cake, my childhood friend Lito who brought a mango mousse cake, my friend Luz who did all the fyring of Lumpia, my MIL and her friend Sylvia who helped all throughout the party and of course my Jeff, who did all the grilling and a bit of entertaining.
  • The party started a little after four in the afternoon and the last guest left at 930 pm.  That's right, it was early since half of the guests had to work the next day.
  • Even after I noted on the invite that No gifts required, I still received some awesome gifts.  I have to thank my favorite daughter and son in law for the surprise flower cake. There 3 gift cards (Hancock fabrics, Golfsmith and The Ranch Golf Course), 2 flower bouquets, and two plants.  My MIL gave me a shoe box filled with an assortment of things I like plus a new Panini Press.
  • Unfortunately we forgot take a lot of photos but the one below is a special one.  My sister Pinkie and Lito had been friends since Kindergarten.  Do you know how long ago that was?  We had a bit of time to reminisce about our childhood.  At our age it was amazing we can remember a lot of the stories.  It was truly nice of Lito to stop by with his family to celebrate with us.
Pinkie, Matthew(son of Lito) Nilda (Wife of Lito) Me and Lito

 

No comments:

Post a Comment