Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wise Wednesday - Pre-planning of funeral arrangements

My apologies to my readers/followers as I realized this is not the best topic for today but it is important.  I don't have a lot of experience on this topic but I believe it is wise to do something about it while you are alive.  It is so much easier for the family left behind to look after this very sad event of our lives.  Yesterday I made one phone call to inquire about this and although it's difficult to ask all the questions, I actually made it through.  For a simple arrangements with cremation, urn, etc. without services, it will be about $2,600.00
The next step if finding the cementary which I have not inquired.  Local cementary will definitely less expensive than memorial gardens but really, it all depends on size of plot, niche, location, etc.  The only benefit with memorial gardens is that there is no charge to move urns to and from one city within same country.  Although we don't have a plan ourselves, after yesterday, I am thinking more and more about this in order to help who ever will end up making such arrangements.  What is your take on this or has it ever crossed you mind? We have experienced both situations with my parents having pre planned arrangements and one that was unexpected.  Truthfully, I did not do a lot when it was the unexpected because it was for my son and I was useless. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment