Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Maybe Monday - Artichoke Festival

This past weekend was the Artichoke Festival in Castroville, Ca.  After we picked up my sister at SFO, we went straight there to check out what it was all about.  There were several activities and rides for the children.  Some of the real classic low riders where on display.  Of course there was the usual arts and crafts and the variety of foods.  The first one we tried was the grilled artichoke which was not that great.  The second one was the deep friend artichoke which was really good and that is why I took a photo to share.  The other very interesting one is their Spiral Potato Spud.  This was an amazing snack as it was fresh, crispy and really good.  For desert we tried the funnel cake because my MIL has not tried it.  My sister and I were trying out some fancy hats but never bought any since we know we won't be wearing it.  Not sure if I can keep up with my blogging while my sister is here as I would like to spend as much time with her.  So far we've gone shopping after the festival and she was very happy to get some great deals.
Deep Fried Artichoke

Spiral Potato Spuds

Funnel cake with powdered sugar
We use to like these colors as kids but our favorites were reversed.

No comments:

Post a Comment