Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Truthful Thursday - Tumbleweed

The first of May arrived yesterday and with it arrived something that I have been wanting for a while.  Not really sure why I like it.  I guess I think it's kind funny that it just get blown by the wind and it is so carefree and never know where it ends.  Sometimes when Jeff and I are on our short trips on some country roads and small towns,  I would see them TUMBLEWEEDS on the side of the road and I would ask Jeff if we can pick it up and take it home.  We would laugh about it and he is still wondering why I am so interested in it.  Yesterday we played tennis at this secret court that we found and lo and behold, there was a big tumble weed right near the door of the tennis court.  After playing, I asked Jeff if we can take a picture at first, and then I asked if we could take it home.  He tried to shove it in the back of his car and it was not going in.  He ended up using our tennis racquets to push it in because there were some tiny thorns that was poking his finger.  It was very funny sight having the tumbleweed at the back as we drove home.  Now that tumbleweed has a new home in our backyard and I finally got my first tumbleweed on the first day of May.  Although I am still not sure what I will do with it, I am very happy just having a perfect one in our backyard.  Check it out.



It does not really take much to keep me happy and Jeff knows it and just goes along with it.
 

1 comment:

  1. This story of yours made for a good laugh this morning. Who knew a tumbleweed could bring so much happiness to one person. It's like your new pet.

    Seeing a tumbleweed cross the road is pretty funny. Maybe that's why you like it. I hope it stays contained in your yard and doesn't roll away. Make sure to keep the hate closed.


    Did you give it a name?

    ReplyDelete