Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Semana Sunday - Cinco de Mayo

Hoy celebramos cinco de Mayo.  Vamos a comer tacos con salsa y beber margarita.  OK that's all I can say.  This past Thursday we went for dinner with one of Jeff's friend and his girlfriend who is from Colombia. I was able to practice a little bit of what I learned from my Spanish class a couple of years ago.  But of course when I can't remember the word, I would just use my translator app on my phone and be able to start a conversation with her.  I know it's cheating but it was fun.  We were suppose to try and teach her English instead of us trying to speak in Spanish.  Today there are going to be a lot of different celebrations around the bay areaFor us it will be just having dinner at home with Jeff and my MILBut we are sort of having our own celebration by having Mexican theme for dinner.  If you understood the first part of my post then you know that we will be having tacos (pork) with my home made salsa, mexican rice, refried beans, tortilla chips and frozen margarita.  For dessert, it is a bit boring - watermelon - but it fits the color of today's celebration - red, white and green.

No comments:

Post a Comment