Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Friendship Friday - Birthday Celebrations

May is a very special month for me because it's my birth month, my wedding anniversary, mother's day and some of my long time friends and new friends are also celebrating their birthdays this month.  These are my friends that shares this very happy month with me.

Lani - she's my childhood friend and after almost 40 years we reconnected in Burbank airportWe were able to contact each other prior to this trip and it was like old times. We spend a day with her family and her husband gave the best tour of Hollywood and LA.

Al - we met in Edmonton, Alberta when I use to visit my family during the summer months.  We have become friends and kept in touch all these years.  He is now residing in Singapore with his wife and son.

PJ - while working in Whitehorse from 1983-87, we met through our line of work.  For whatever reasons, we have been transferred through our work to almost the same area for a few years and have kept in touch.  Unfortunately I have lost contact with him when left his job and I moved to SJC.  He was a good friend who agreed that when the time comes he would spread my ashes in the Yukon mountains.  I guess I have to think of something else.

Cherry - she was looking for a temporary place in Whitehorse while working with for Fisheries.  I invited her to stay with us and we've become friends.  We kept in touch, lost contact, and reconnected again.  The last time I saw her was during our cruise of June 2012 when our ship docked in Victoria, BC.  It was like old times, she took us to dinner and gave the five cent tour because our stop was cut short.  We've been friends for over 25 years.

Sandy - she played the flute and I played the guitar and we were part of the Saturday evening choir at our church in Whitehorse.  I moved to Mississauga, Ontario and she moved to Maberly, Ontario.  The last time I saw her was in Ottawa in 2008.  We still exchange our annual christmas letter.
 
Jean - her husband and Jeff works together.  We had travelled as couples at least three times and we always had a great time.  She recently retired and now I am looking forward to spending more time with her doing fun things.  She is an amazing lady and she even lets me style her hair when I have a free time.

Happy birthday to everyone and I hope someday we can reconnect again somewhere.  I treasure the friendship we have/had.  Truly I am so lucky to have these friends in my life.

 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment