Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Maybe Monday - A small city called Hollister

It was a sunny Saturday morning and shortly after breakfast we decided to play an hour and a half of tennis.  On our way home, we thought that it would be such a waste to just stay in so we agreed to go for a drive, but not a long one, just to a small town somewhere.  I went on line to find a small town that I have not been.  At the same time I found a restaurant that had a 5 star review.  And since Thanksgiving just finished, this particular town was having their Santa Claus parade in the evening.  This city is called HOLLISTER.  I don't think it has anything to do with the store for young adult because the store is affiliated with Abercrombie and Fitch.  I remember Gino asking me to get him a couple of shirts each time I visited Jeff, so I would ask Jeff to take me to Hollister and he would ask me "the town or the store".  I took a few photos to share. 
An old church at the corner.
The old city hall
The new city hall
Granada - their theatre
There was a lot with these decorated christmas tree
Two meat combo (pork ribs and tri tip) from the Maverick BBQ located in the old train station
Fire roasted asparagus to accompany the above meal - so yummy.
After our very late lunch and early dinner, we walked around their downtown area.  The locals were starting to gather to await for the Santa Claus parade.  The streets were packed with chairs, people and some entertainment.  We checked out some of the local store and I ended up buying my first red jeans.  It was getting dark and we opted not to wait for the parade and leave town.  The traffic on the way home was clear until we hit Gilroy.  We thought it was a good idea to stop at the outlet to let the traffic clear.  It was a bit chaotic but when we found a good parking spot, we decided to check out the day after Black Friday sale.
We found some great deals and so our days journey ended on a very productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment