Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Maybe Monday - Maybe not again

It took me a year to convince my MIL to go on an airplane and last week we finally took the practice run for San Jose to Las Vegas.  Our flight to LV was early in the morning.  She was a little nervous and scared but she actually did very well.  She was a little dizzy and light headed but I guess because the flight was a little bumpy.  Anyway, we arrive safely in Las Vegas airport and started our 4 day vacation.  We saw a lot of the sights and most of the outside and inside of the big hotels.  We walked a lot but sometime took the tram to and from our hotel to Bellagio. We meet some of my friends from Canada for drinks, dinner and some gambling.  We went to see a show called JABBAWOCEEZ, a show recommended by my daughter.  We really enjoyed the show as it was so musical and lots of dancing and very funny too.  When it was time to go back to San Jose, the security at the LV airport kept re checking my MIL's back pack.  Then after she goes through the scanning, the security person ask her to step aside so they can check her bag.  She was very scared and did know what they were looking for.  When the security told her that next time she travels she should take the toiletries bag out, she said "Don't have to worry about that since I won't be flying again". I guess the security felt bad and she just said again, well just in case you do fly again.  Then I had to say something like, well after this, I don't think she would want to travel by plane again.  What was interesting was that they were not sure what they were looking for.  They were not sure what they could see on the screen.  So, isn't that scary when going through the screening process, if these security people are not sure what they see or what they are looking for, then you kinda wonder how they deal with those real security threat people.  My MIL was not one of them, but they had to make it so traumatic that after all the convincing and getting her ready to fly again has now ended. 

Do you have traumatic stories about flying?  Do you have any security stories that makes you feel safe when you are on the plane?  What would you tell anyone who is scared of flying?

http://www.chrisbrogan.com/tips-for-flying/

2 comments:

  1. I'm Carole from Laidley!!!! yay me!!!!! :-))))

    I am
    4444?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor MIL. Going through security can be a tramatizing experience. Security one time search my bag because I had a long barrette in my carry-on.

    I am more scared going through customs than security. I hate all the questions they ask - where you going? Who are you visiting? Where do you work? Are you married? etc...

    I hope that your MIL will one day have the courage to fly again.

    ReplyDelete