Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Truthful Thursday - Talents between two sisters

One of my other posts, I was talking about the dilemma I have regarding my garden.  If only my sister is here, she would have planted flowers, vegetables, etc.  She has the greenest thumb I have ever known.  A long time ago when she was moving from one place to another, she rescued a plant from the garbage that someone has thrown. I think it was sort of a palm tree and it grew so tall and very healthy.  I remember her telling me some years ago - she said "you know you can't have all the talents.  So here's the different between my sister and I and some photos to prove it. These first two photos are one of her many talents.  


Hand embroidered which takes hours and hours to complete.  Very detailed and requires a lot of patient.
This was one of earlier work.  My sister hand embroidered this as her house warming gift for our first house in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
Baby blanket for Greenly (my step grand daughter). My sister can crochet and knit also.
When it comes to music, my sister loves music but don't ever ask her to sing even if her life depended on it. I recall when we were in grade school, we decided to take guitar lessons.  One of the first lessons was learning the simple chords.  The teacher ask her to play the chord C, F, and G.  I can really remember the next chord that she was asked to play, but her answer was
H.  For those of you who have musical talent, we all know there is no H chord.  This is when I think she decided that playing an instrument was not her talent.

In Yellowknife she made a lot of wedding cakes.  She was very good at it and someday I will have to try and scan some of the photos and feature them.  In fact she made my wedding cake.  It was called Sans Rival, very similar to the photo below.  Her wedding cake became so popular, she had so many of our friends and family who got married, or for birthday cakes, or any other occasion ordered from her.  The one down fall is that the majority of the wedding cake that she had made, all these marriages ended up in divorce.

You can check her blog to see some of talents that I have mentioned above. 


http://pinkstarposts.blogspot.com/. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliment, sis. Now that you are retired, it seems like you are developing all kinds of talents, the cooking and most especially the baking and the crafts. So sometimes we just don't realize all the talents that is just waiting to come out. And yes, I still would not sing even if my life depended on it. Only when the two of us are driving and you are forcing me to.

    ReplyDelete