Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Soulful Sunday - Wii and Gamble

How do you keep a 4 year old entertained if you wanted to finish the rest of the house chores?  I am not proud of it, but I turned on the Wii game and let your grandson play for as long as he can.  That is what happened last Friday and part of Saturday.  This was the weekend that we have Gamble for sleepover but our friends from Canada were visiting for the same weekend.  So while I was finishing up, Gamble was having a fun time playing on the Wii.

How did I get a Wii game, you might ask?  Well, when I came back from my recent Canada trip, my daughter gave me the Wii game plus other games that they have.  It has a very sentimental and emotional background to it that she cannot just sell it or give it to others.  One of the game in particular - Wii Sports - has one of the players that is so close to our hearts.  My son still has his profile as one of the players.  They have not removed him nor will I have the heart to delete it.  But you cannot believe this, out of all the players profile, etc. and there are lots of players, Gamble chooses the player who is the profile of my son, Gino.  He does not want to change it even after we sort of created a profile for him.   I was watching him play the different games and I am a bit teary eyed because Gamble does not even know who my son is but he just loves that particular player.  Gamble was getting good at some of the game and today while playing golf - he birdied one of the par 3.  He called me and said - Ola, look - I did this hole in 2 shots.  Someday when he gets older, I think we will be hanging out at the real golf course.

My friends who are visiting from Canada got a chance to meet Gamble and they could not help but love the little guy.  He was very entertaining and was not shy at all.  They loved his laugh and the way he interacts with adults.  When it was time for him to go home, he gave the ladies a hug and the gentleman a handshake.  I look forward to the next weekend with Gamble so I can make up the time that I missed doing chores this past weekend.

If you ask him what kind of music he prefers listening to, he would say Bob Marley.  So here is a song for Gamble.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that the Wii has come in handy for you and keeps Gamble entertained. I could never part with that Wii. As long as it stays within the family, I am happy. I can recall Gino coming by on a weeknight around 11 pm to drop off the Wii. It was right before Mike was going to go on vacation. Gino and Mike decided to get me a Wii to keep me company while Mike would be away.

    Gino came over during that week and we played Wii baseball and I beat him. He was so frustrated that is older sister who is so uncoordinated beat him, we had to play again so he could beat me. Gino was just funny that way. I also remember he was sweating so much from playing that he asked to borrow a pair of Mike's basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

    Just a little story I thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete