Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Feeling Fat Friday - its that time again

After gaining ??lbs. during my vacation in Canada and watching the video of my going away party from my Early Bird tennis group, I have decided its really time to get serious and get back on track with eating right and exercising more.

Since I have been back Jeff and I have been trying to play tennis as often as we can and its usually 1 to 1.5 hrs.  During the week, I try to play at least 2 or 3 times and it is always a 2 hr session in the morning.  After lunch, I usually golf (9 hole) which is walking and pulling my golf cart.  This round takes about a little less than 2 hrs.
I know that I probably should add more exercise like walking but this even takes a lot of convincing as it is so boring.  Then there is that TV workout that I have tried but after a couple of weeks, I get bored and stop doing it.  While my friend was here, I bought this stretchy elastic band that I was going to start doing some strength training - I have not learned how to use it yet.

After all of the above, I now realized why I have not lost weight.  I know that I have to start measuring my food portion again so that I do not eat all those extra carbs.

Jeff and I taken on February 2003 
Me and Jeff taken on May 2011
 So far, I have gained between 16 to 20 pounds in the 8 years that I have been with Jeff.  I guess when you look at the big picture, 2 pounds per year is not bad.  Wait a minute, I should be losing the pounds, not gaining. 

Is there really an easy way to lose weight? Do you have any secret tips that you have actually tried and worked?  Does this have anything to do with aging or just being happy?

1 comment:

  1. Carbs - bread, pasta and rice are very bad. Maybe trying eating more sweet potatoes instead.

    There's no easy way to lose weight, it's all with diet and exercise. Or food poisoning (lol).

    Last year, I really was watching what I was eating and lost close to seven pounds but it didn't happen overnight. I didn't have soda, carbs or sweets. It was tough but I was determined. I also went to the gym every other day.

    ReplyDelete