Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Soulful Sunday - Tennis Sunday

During the whole summer in Canada, Saturday and Sunday morning is spent at the tennis courts starting around 630 or whatever time is sunrise and last until about 1000 am.  I was lucky enough to be able to play with some of my tennis friends at different courts.  Here's some of the photos taken during one of their spontaneous tournament with potluck lunch after.  Meet the Early Bird Tennis Group.
George is our official photographer.
Nick not only plays tennis but also is a golfer and makes the best fried fish.
Nora, very generous member bringing goodies for snacks and most of our potlucks.
Sam, president, organizer, treasurer and social contact.
Gen, makes the best lugaw, batsoy and pancit. 
Ernie, the wise man, a good friend who gives great advice and community elder.
Ner, new member who was very kind to lend me his racquet during the tournament.
Finally, Raul is the dad of Alysia's best friend Marianne.  He is the one responsible for introducing me to the Early Birds.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am not a tennis player, but if I lived in Canada I would wake up at the crack of dawn to come along just to eat the good food!!! I want to have some of Nick's fried fish and Gen's pancit! Glad you're enoying your summer in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete