Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Treats Tuesday - for me and for the home

When I was doing my blog yesterday, I was getting a lot of errors and it would let me do what I wanted to post, etc.  So I just let it the way it was and now I am continuing some of the things that I wanted to post yesterday and will try it for today.

After staying with my daughter, I came home and a few days later decided to get some new bed items.  I bought a new duvet, a cover and a summery sheet set.  Then I wanted to get some decorative pillows but the ones I found were a little too expensive.  As you all know, I have a new sewing machine and I can sew.  I ventured to Hannock Fabrics to check out their blowout sale and surprise!!! - I found the exact color fabric and exact amount- all for $0.53 - wow.

I did some grocery shopping on the weekend as well and I picked up their free food magazine.  There was a recipe for a Chipotle Garlic Steak.  It so happen that I just bought a nice piece of London Broil.  This is how it turned out and we had it for Sunday Lunch.


During the weekend, Jeff was trimming some of the branches from the trees in our backyard. When I saw some of the branches and twigs, it gave me an idea.  I would try to make a wall hanging for the backyard, using those branches/twigs and some colorful rope.  This is the first stage of my artwork.  There are other wooden items that has to be added and I will post the finish product tomorrow.

Do you have an idea in mind and just try doing it spontaneously?  Do you need a pattern, a picture or instructions before doing any project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment