Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Thankful Tuesday - That's all it takes

That's all it takes to make someone feel appreciated, by someone saying THANKS or Thank you!  It's such a simple word and yet it is sometimes taken for granted.  Some just assumes that they don't need to say it because it's a given or maybe they feel they deserve whatever it is they received.  The first place I volunteered after I retire was a senior center in the San Jose area.  It was once a week for a couple of hours setting the table, serving the lunch meals and clean up.  My MIL and her neighbor also volunteers but since they don't drive, I pick them up each week.  After a few weeks of this, one of the person that supervises is a little rude at times.  It made you feel that your time there was not appreciated and I would come home and complain to Jeff.  "It's a volunteer job, if you are not happy, quit" that's what Jeff use to say.  To make the long story short, I only last one year and had to give it up and found three other places to volunteer.  All these places are very appreciative of your time and they let you know that by saying Thanks or Thank you.  I guess that's the reason that after three years I am still giving my time at these places.  But wait, there's another issue I would like to address.  Do you remember doing someone a favor or an errand or something and they don't acknowledge your time and efforts?  While doing this post I happen to stumble upon a very positive blog about saying Thank you.  It's not too late to start and it will make you feel better about yourself.

 Image result for thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment