Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wanting Wednesday - Scrapbooking

This week while having lunch with my friend Jean, we started talking about scrapbooking.  We found out that both of us have been contemplating on starting this hobby but did not want to get too hooked on it.  We also found out that we have the supplies and the photos but have no experience making one not even researching on line for some DIY.  She showed me her album, papers and the photos she needed to make a scrapbook.  When I got home I had asked Jeff to find my box with my supplies and the box with the photo collection.  I opened the box and I found two album still wrapped in plastic as well as the papers and a bunch of scissors.  In a separate box, I found some corner cutters, stamps, ink, some glitters and a bottle of craft bond (all purpose glue.  While I have all of those supplies, I know my friend Jean has the paper trimmer and a can of photo glue.  Now I know that we are ready for our first scrapbooking get together.  Both Jean and I are getting excited and can't wait for next week.  Here's what we need for the basic scrapbooking made simple.
  • Scrapbook album and sheet protectors
  • Decorative scissors (my MIL gave me some from her collections)
  • Paper trimmer
  • Adhesive aka glue or craft bond
  • Decorative paper
  • Variety of colored pens
  • Peel off letters 
  • Stickers
  • Embellishments
  • Punches (my MIL gave me some from her collections)
The first site I checked on Pinterest was http://pinterest.com/skantanie/scrapbooking-ideas/
I love all the ideas she shared on her site.  Maybe once I have completed one album, I can share the photos on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment