Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Temperature Thursday - Happy 4th of July

I am very happy to report that it will only be a high of 91 F today on this Happy 4th of July.
As you might have heard, we have been having really hot weather and I am not complaining.  I believe I can take the heat more than I can take those frozen days when I use to live in Canada.  

Let me share a funny story that somehow is appropriate today as America celebrate a very important holiday.  A couple of weekends ago we had the pleasure of babysitting Jeff's grandkids again.  When it was bedtime, Gamble is not a problem, he has his shower, changes to his pajamas, play a little video game and then it's bedtime.  Greenlee on the other hand is a little difficult and I believe it's because she is not in her home and we don't really know her schedule as well as the routine or process.  It was past half nine and we are waiting for some signs. Both Jeff and I are getting tired by this time and would like to go to bed.  I took her to the room where we have her playpen and laid her down.  Of course she did not want to sleep, she screamed and cried.  Gamble being the older brother told me to give her the bottle which I did but she refused.  How can I comfort her?  I started rubbing her back and humming some songs.  At some point I started running out of song and began humming the Star Spangled Banner.  I did not realize Jeff was just outside the door trying hard to stop laughing.
Greenlee finally doze off to sleep and I left the room.  One would think that being a Canadian I would be humming O Canada instead I did the USA National Anthem.  Does this mean I am adjusting living in America?

Happy 4th of July to all my friends, family and blog readers.  Please be safe and stay cool.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment