Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Simply Saturday - Simple Friends

Next month will be the beginning of my fourth year here in sunny San Jose.  It does not seem that long ago when I moved in with Jeff permanently.  But I guess time sure flies by when you are having fun.  Lately we have been meeting new people from our neighborhood and even in the tennis courts.  Although I have made new friends from my volunteer work, I am always open to meeting new people who might eventually become part of my circle of friends.  I know that my BFF's and other friends in Canada will not forget me but realistically they are far away and people have to move on.  So after being here for three years, I would like to introduce some of my new friends and how we met.
  • Jean - she's married to Gil who works with Jeff.  We've traveled with them to Vegas, sailed with them on the Oasis of the Sea, toured Maui, and we've done weekend trips around northern California.  They are definitely our couple friends.  Jean and I have the same one bad habit.  We both love the slots.
  • Nikki - she's my youngest girlfriend who I met at the tennis court around September of 2010.  It's one of those things where you just clicked.  Lately we been meeting for breakfast once a week due to her very busy schedule both at work and at home.  We've talk about maybe going to Vegas for a girl's getaway.
  •  Janis - she's my golf girl friend.  I met her at the golf course where we both volunteer. She's a Marshall and I am a starter but we work on different days.  Again, it's one of those clicking connection.  We encourage each other during golf and we seem to play better golf together. We're thinking of doing a golf vacation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment