Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Maybe Monday - A special Tree

After moving to sunny San Jose I have been contemplating on doing something for my son who passed away five years ago.  One of my new friends from my volunteer suggested that I plant a tree on the anniversary date of his death.  This is the year that I picked to plant that tree.  It took us a few days going from one nursery to another to figure out what tree I would pick.  Jeff reads all the instructions and I just go around looking for some sort of sign.  On June 29th was our last day to check out Almaden Nursery.  We went around a couple of times and there it was, the Dwarf Alberta Spruce.  That evening, Jeff went to the backyard and he planted the tree while I watch.  Something is still missing so next month I am going to make a stepping stone that I will design and include some special art and last minute details.  This marker will be placed in front of the tree on my son's birth date.



No comments:

Post a Comment