Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Fortunate Friday - Real life friends

There was an article from a magazine that caught my eye while I was getting my hair done at the salon.  I read parts of it and realize that it's not my kind of friends and actually felt very fortunate that I have real life friends.

In these day and age of social medial, etc. one might have thousands of friends in Facebook and million followers on Twitter, but at the end of the day, can you really call them your "FRIENDS".  Are you able to reach out and they will be there for you when you need them?  Times have really changed when it comes to meeting new people and people becoming your friends.  I still believe in old school way of finding new friends and of course keeping actual real life friends.

Unfortunately one of our childhood friends passed away last Friday.  Although he is a few years older than me, we have known their family for a long time since we were neighbors.  One of our friends who become the contact for everyone in the California area seems to know everyone's whereabouts and seems to be the GO to person.  Sometimes when he calls me I'm a little hesitant to answer because it might be another sad news.  But then there are times when it's a good news, maybe someone from our groups is visiting the area and it will be a last minute get together for dinner or lunch.  Even if we have not seen each other for many years, it doesn't seem that we have been out of touch for a long time.  I guess that's what being friends are about.  Real life FRIENDS, right.

One of the most important for me about friendship is "being there for each other during the happy times and saddest times of our lives".  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment