Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Simply Saturday - It's not simple and not easy

The only excuse I can have for not babysitting Jeff's grandchildren is having a full time job.  After my experience the last time I took care of both kids for 3 consecutive days for half a day, I did not think I would do it again.  Unfortunately the other day, I ended up babysitting for about 3.5 hours.  I don't have problems babysitting Gamble as he is such a sweetheart and very easy to please.  What I am having a difficult time is the his sister who is 16 month and is now walking.  She cries so much when she is being changed that you need two people to accomplish the task.  Although she is happy walking around the living/dining area, when she cries for no reason, it's too loud and it's truly annoying.  This weekend we are babysitting again and this time it's a sleepover.  We have had Gamble sleeping over since he was 3 yrs. old and there was never an issue.  The baby wakes up at least once at night but if we let her stay awake longer in the evening she will most likely sleep in until 1000 am. I am really not looking forward to this, but Jeff had agreed to this because he wanted to give his son a break and I really don't mind helping him out also.  The real problem for me is that I don't have the patience like I use to.  Please don't get me wrong, I love children but in small amounts and the older they are is probably better and easier to entertain.  It's really not that simple and it's not easy anymore.  I guess I did not expect that I will be doing this when I retired and I don't want them to think that I am the "ON CALL" babysitter just because I don't have a full time job.  Maybe in the new year I will try and look for a job so I have a very good excuse why I can't babysit.  

She is wearing Gamble's beenie.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment