Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Tricky Thursday - Cosmetics life span

The beginning of the year seems to be a good time to do some tidying up and cleaning whatever it is you have been putting it off since last year.  So I started cleaning my cosmetic drawer beginning with washing all the brushes.  But what really got me to really do some purging of old make up is when my eyes got all red and part of the white of the eye got a little swollen.  As I recall what I did that day, I thought it would have been the change of mascara. I opened a new purple one that my daughter gave me some time last year.  It was timely that my annual eye check up was the next day.  During the examination, I told the optometrist what happened. She told me that it probably was not the mascara since I had it on for almost the whole day and it didn't irritate my right eye until around 4 pm.  She then asked if I was doing something with glue.  Well, that was the answer, I was in fact doing some crafts and using hot glue and sometimes, little bit of it gets under my nail.  I must have touch my eyes and this little particle got in.  When glue gets wet in your eyes, they react to it, TA DA.  Mystery solved.  After this experience, I truly cleaned out the drawer of everything that is older than 3 months.  Then I went out and bought the basic make up I needed.  Loose powder, trio eye shadow and plain black mascara.  By the way, I used the following chart that my daughter sent me a few months ago.  Now I will be using this guide and I actually have written on the make up the date I started using it.  It is funny that it had been a while since I bought my own stuff since I have been spoiled through the years of receiving free make up from my daughter and her sister in law.  So when I was shopping for the items, I didn't realize how expensive things are now a days.  I am retired so technically I don't wear make up unless I am going out plus I am on a budget for this type of things.  LOL

Here's what I ended up getting at the Superstore and so far I am happy with them.  And since I now have to be careful regarding life span of each item, I would not have any problem throwing it away if I get bored with it or if I start having some type of reactions.
Image result for covergirl loose face powder
Image result for wet and wild eyeshadow trio review

Image result for wet and wild mascara


1 comment: