Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Surmount Saturday - I can't win

Just when I thought I was feeling better, my throat started feeling a little sore.  I made my ginger tea and finished the whole batch in two days.  My voice started to sound better until the Tuesday morning when I woke up.  There's not a lot of coughing but when I do, it hurts like hell.  It seems like the only thing that helps the soreness is my Fisherman's Friend. Thanks to my BFF Rose because the last time she visited she brought me some and I believe the last time I saw her in Las Vegas she also brought a few.  It's the only one I really like to take when I have a sore throat or colds because it's sugar free and it works for me.  But like anything, it's only a temporary relief.  I've been drinking a lot of liquids and staying away from dairy products.  The only relief is that I don't have achy muscles or headache nor runny nose. I am trying very hard not to just lie down and sleep.  But maybe that's what I just need, lots of rest.  You know that feeling when you have been under the weather for a few days, all you want is to get better and return to normal.  Sometimes it backfires when you try to rush it because you feel guilty about the house chores not being done or anything else that needs to be done are all off a sudden put on hold.  In the back of my mind, I am questioning myself why I did not get the flu shot, but I would have been in the same situation if I did.  That is why I just have to surrender and get it over with because I can't win.
Image result for dora the explorer with long hair
This is how I want to feel and I want my bounce back.

 
Image result for Dora the explorer sick
Unfortunately, this is how I have been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment