Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Truthful Thursday - Annoying golf issues

Morning Drive on the golf channel is one of the shows that I watch in the morning while having my breakfast.  It was so timely that today they talk about those annoying phrases that golfers and or fans say or do when it comes to the sports of Golf.  While I agree to most of those phrases, I have my own collections of golf issues. When I am out on the course I really like to enjoy the game, the surroundings and the company of my friends.  That is why I am now making a rule that if I don't enjoy the round due to some annoying golfers, then I don't join their group again.  I am not a good golfer but I really love the time I spend on any golf course.  Following the rules of golf is very important whether you are a beginner or not. So please do not ruin it for me by being one of the following.
  • The Talkers - I don't know how to block these sounds. Even if they are whispering, I could still hear them.  I'm sure they won't appreciate if I take out my phone and make a call while they are ready to strike their ball.
  • The Pretend Pro aka "know it all" golfers - Unless you are a PGA pro or amateur golfer, I don't need your help.  It's going to take a lot of coaching to get me where I want to be.
  • The Commentators - It's nice to hear a compliment once in a while when I get a shot but I really don't need to hear if they made a great shot over and over.  Sometimes we have moved on to another hole and I still hear them complaining or commenting.
  • The Pushers - Those golfers who has no etiquette and thinks they can push you to play faster if they hit right where you are.  They don't even have the courtesy to yell "Fore!
  • The Turtles - It's very simple, whether walking or driving a cart, people still have to keep the pace of play.
  • The Instructors - Maybe these golfers were teachers before they retire. They seem to like telling you what to do.  "Mark your ball, go ahead and putt, you can hit first, etc."


No comments:

Post a Comment