Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sixties Sunday - Is 60 the new 50?

Is it really? I prefer that 60 is the new 40, this way I can still have many more years to enjoy retirement.  My friend who is visiting will be joining the 60's club.  There's a few of us that are in this group.  Most of my friends, believe it or not are still in their 50's and some are in their 40's and a few are in their 30's.  As most people says, age is just a number.  I believe that it's all about how you feel when you reach a particular age.  When we were growing up, I thought my mother looked older when she was in her 60's.  But when she was in her 70's people didn't believe her age.  My mom's sister is now in her 80's and she has still that special genes that makes her feel and look young.  I keep telling her that I want to be just like her when I get older.  Her positive attitude in life is amazing.  She still loves to sing, dance and have a great time with their friends.  This week I will try and make sure that my friend has a memorable birthday.  Since she chose to travel the long distance to spend her birthday here in sunny San Jose.  I am hoping that the weather will be warmer so she can really enjoy the warmth of the sun.  Her schedule is already getting pretty busy, although she doesn't know that yet.  Hanging out with her this week is like being on another holiday. I am very happy for her that she took the leap and decided to get away for a week because she really deserves it.  Maria welcome to the Cranberry Portage Bed and Breakfast. Do you ever have one of those moments when you look at a photo and you say "who is that?" This is one of those moment.  Who is the girl beside Maria?  

This was taken 16 years ago. Maria is the one in the middle wearing a white Tshirt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment