Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Snowless Saturday - Spring has arrived

According to the calendar, March 20 is the beginning of Spring but a day or two after, it started snowing here. After all the snow melting and the city started sweeping the streets with all the sand and dirt, the snow came back. Luckily it did not stay for a long time, it was gone the next day.  So I was thinking that the golf course will soon reopen.  Next thing you know, it started snowing again. OMG, are you kidding me?  OK, I should not complain because there are other places colder than here. Honestly, winter in Vernon is not that bad at all.  I mean, we live in the Okanagan and it is northern BC and our city is around the 50th parallel, so definitely we will have winter.  I seem to recall when I use to live in Yellowknife and our group traveled to Inuvik, Northwest Territories, we were given a certificate upon arrival at the airport. The certificate confirmed that we have crossed the 40th parallel.
Now that is even colder. Ooops, got side tracked.  This post is about Spring and Easter.  What am I sharing today are just photos of the area comparing how snow melted.  But I have a surprise for today. The quilted map of the USA is finally finished as well as the kitchen towel for my BFF.  Happy Easter to everyone.  





1 comment:

  1. The map and kitchen towel looks so cute! I usually start off my spring with spring cleaning for areas that I often neglect such as curtain cleaning and carpet cleaning. Glad that you finished the gifts to your bff when the spring begins.

    ReplyDelete