Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Storing Sunday - Recipe recall

After a while, each of the recipe for a coffee cake becomes so familiar.  Last week I tried two different recipes only because I wanted to make something from leftover cranberry sauce and canned jack fruit.  The first recipe I tried was the cranberry coffee cake.  Unfortunately I did not have enough sauce so I found a jar of my home made spiced plum jam.  When I combined the two, it was the perfect amount.  It was a very easy one bowl recipe.  I just dumped everything in our mixer and then transferred to a loaf pan which I lined with parchment paper, baked it for 55 minutes at 350F and comes out a nice moist coffee cake.  It was a perfect night to share with my neighbors so I sent Jeff to deliver a third of the loaf to a couple of homes.  One couple calls us now the Baking Goodies Fairies. LOL.  A couple of days later, I tried to make another coffee cake using my jack fruit (diced) and a small jar of my home made pineapple jam.  This time I did all the measurement by memory.  It was amazing what gets stored in certain parts of my brain.  It turned out great and this time I remember to take a photo.  In case you want to try it, I have added the recipe recall below the photos.  Enjoy.


Start to Preheat the oven at 350 F, then begin dumping the following ingredients in a mixing bowl, by the way if you don't have a mixer, using a whisk just works the same.  Place the batter in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper as shown above. Notice those clips I use, I learned that after watching a lot of episode of Martha Bakes.  Bake for 55 minutes and enjoy the very easy coffee cake.  You can use whatever fruit jam/sauce you have around.  So far both combination of fruit I used are awesome. It is more fun trying different combination and being creative using what is available from the fridge or your pantry.  Happy baking. 
  • One egg
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup of fruit sauce or use half sauce half jam
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • If the batter looks dry, add 1/4 cup of citrus juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment