Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Windy Wednesday - Not a good day for

It was a beautiful sunny day and we decided to go for a little drive last weekend and since it was such a clear sky, we could see from a distance a very colorful hot air balloon.  Obviously, it was not a very windy day, otherwise that balloon wouldn't not be up in the air.  Each time I see a hot air balloon it reminds me of my one and only time I had the opportunity to be in one.  It was a gift from a good friend of mine for my 40th birthday - a champagne hot air balloon for two.  For most of my family and friends they know that I am petrified of height. So why am doing this?  Well, it's one of those things you always wanted to do but afraid to.  But the opportunity was there and for those ones whose had the experience, they said, you have got to go.  I was living in Ottawa, Ontario then and it happened the middle of autumn. The leaves were changing and it was gorgeous.  The process is that they would call you early in the morning (if you choose the morning one) and let you know, if it is a go or not, this is after you pick the date.  We got the call that morning and was advised that it was a NO go due to the weather being overly windy.  I immediately thought it was a sign that I should not be doing this. So we scheduled for another day and this time, they called and it was a good morning to do it.  Well, it was scary but I would have never exchange the experience because it was truly amazing.  After you land, the champagne is waiting for you and a certificate.

That's pretty high, right

This is the part that they are almost getting ready to land.

See how neat it would be inside that basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment