Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sickness Saturday - It was inevitable

What happens when your hubby gets sick?  In our home when I get sick, Jeff does not get sick, but that once a year thing when he gets it, it was inevitable.  For about 6 days that he was sick I was really trying not to get whatever it is that he got from work.  He went to the office on a Tuesday and he told me that a lot of the guys where sick, you know that coughing, sneezing, etc.  Well by the next day he started.  I thought that I was doing a good job but between him and taking my MIL to some of her doctor's appointment, lab work and picking up stuff at the pharmacy, I knew that it would eventually get to me.  So it began.  The sore throat, sniffles, sneezing, achy muscles and so on.  Only saving grace, NO fever or nausea or lack of appetite.  What is the recommendations from everyone and everyone, lots of rest, liquids and more rest and liquids.  I did that but sometimes I get bored so I started sewing again and some nights I started craving for something sweet.  Here's what I have accomplished during those sick days.

Lanyards, that's right, using some of the leftover fabrics.  This weekend I am starting on key loops.
Turon, a filipino snack - banana, jackfruit and brown sugar wrapped and deep fried.
Fruit Burrito - banana, jackfruit filling using flour tortilla and again deep fried.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment