Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Washable Wednesday - It's time to donate some free time

Four months ago, I was searching for another quick volunteer project.  If you have been following my blog you would have read about these items that was going to be sent to the girls of Cameroon.  Recently, the lady who is coordinating this project wrote me a very nice reference letter.  I thought I would ask if she needed more and she mentioned that there's a woman visiting from that country and would be here this month.  So I thought it was fitting to make a few more since I already have the fabrics and my MIL has donated her time to cut out all what is required to make more washable sanitary pads.  I started a few days ago but has been distracted or interrupted with other things in my life.  For the next couple of weeks, I will try and complete this project so I can deliver before the visitor leaves to return to Cameroon.  Here's the colors for the second batch.  I might have to buy more fleece since I only have 24 pieces to sew. 

Pad (towel, plastic and knit fabric) on the left for insert and case on the right (fleece)

One completed 23 more to go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment