Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Stringing Saturday - Guitar playing

Each time I trim my nails very short due to one broken nail or maybe even a couple,  I get a very tiny urge to play my guitar.  Since Jeff bought me a cute tuner and a special place to hang the guitar in the spare bedroom, it is out there so easy to reach.  So there's no reason why I can't try again.  I guess that's not the problem.  The problem is that since I have not played for a long time, my fingers are very sensitive and it does hurt.  I have to get back and try to practice everyday and see if I can get my fingers to actually toughen so they won't hurt.  I have researched on line to see if I can change the string from steel to nylons.  But after reading what's online, it seems the majority of musicians suggests that it's not a good idea.  I am currently using Jeff's guitar which he does not really play but it was a gift from his best friend Carlos.  The other guitar we have is a 12 string which is double the pain when I try it but it's also a gift, from Jeff to me.  The sound is awesome when I have practice enough so I can actually play without the pain.  It's one of those things that you will lose it if you don't use it.  Remember a couple of years ago, I tried taking lessons from one of Jeff's friend who gave Slack key guitar lessons for free.  Well, I still receive the invitation of their classess and every now and again I feel like going again.  The problem is that I don't practice enough to catch up with the classes even with the beginners.  It is a lot different type of playing as the chords are a bit different and it's all about plucking the strings.  But once you get the hang of it, the music it produces sounds great and it will make you think of Hawaii.  Here's one I found on you tube.


No comments:

Post a Comment