Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Smoothie Saturday - Very Berry

What am I going to do with all these berries (blue, black and straw) that was leftover from the mother's day brunch.  They were still in great shape but I cannot keep up since I can only eat 1/2 cup of fruit per meal.  This morning I decided to sort out these berries and some other fruits.  Of course if you are thinking of making something you have not tried, you have to go to the Food Network site.  I did and although I took some of their ideas the rest was mine and actually turned out very berry yummy.  It's a combination of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, ice, water, mixed berry juice, hypnotic and Soho (lychee liquor) and a dash of sugar.  The end result is two beer mug full of this very berry smoothie for adults.




The next thing I made was the Puff Wheat Square that I have featured before.  When my daughter noticed it, she suggested that I post the recipe for it.  I couldn't find the recipe that my sister gave me which I used the last time.  So again using the Food Network, I found the Ooey gooey Chocolatey Puff Wheat SquareThe only difference is that I like adding pecans to the squares. It makes the square healthier with the chopped nuts.  You really need to try making this so easy and very yummy snack.  I use the Golden Puff Wheat cereal from big lots. It cost only $2.00 for the big bag. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment