Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Scavenger Sunday - Mission possible

There are simple things in life that a mother and daughter can do when they live so far away from each other.  Now a days people are constantly texting to keep in touch.  Some still call each other once a week or maybe twice a month.  Others choose to Skype, Facetime or video chat, who knows what else is out there.  Although my daughter and I do some of those, we play the Scavenger Hunt game.  My daughter sends me a list of items she needs but can't find in the area where she lives.  When I am out and about, I look for them and eventually get it.  Sometimes I can find it the first try, others might take three different stores before finding them.  Since I am retired, I have the time to do my hunt.  The mission is usually possible to complete in a couple of weeks.  The great part about her request is that she sends me very good details as well as photos or websites.  Although I don't send her expensive stuff, it's the little things that count.  Each package I send I would always try to add some small surprise that I think she will enjoy.  Simple things and small items that provides happiness and excitement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment